DMRS provides Free Legal Services to low-income Texas residents who are able to demonstrate eligibility. If you do not qualify for Free Legal Services or you do not wish to provide the required documentation, DMRS also provides low-cost legal services.
In order to assess your eligibility, the required documents should be emailed to SPEREZ@DMRS-EP.ORG after following the steps indicated on our Consultations page.
The following documents are REQUIRED in order to assess your eligibility for Free Legal Services:
- Proof of Household Income (Provide one of the following):
- Public Benefits (Food Stamps, TANF, etc.) Award Letter, OR
- Employment Verification Letter dated within the last 30 days. The letter MUST state your current rate of pay, frequency of pay, average hours worked, and date of hire, OR
- SSI, Retirement, Disability, Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment, etc. Award Letter
- Proof of Texas Residence (Provide one of the following):
- Lease or Rental Agreement/Mortgage Statement/Property Tax Statement, OR
- Two (2) current utility bills/household bills
If you live with a family member and none of these documents are in your name, you will be required to show proof of Texas residency.
Este contenido también está disponible en Español