DMRS values the time, talents, and passions that volunteers contribute to achieving our mission. Volunteer involvement expands our capacity to meet the increasing demand for our services; it also brings new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a wealth of knowledge and skill that improve our organization and the services we provide. We are committed to creating a warm, safe, and inclusive environment where the unique gifts of volunteers are recognized and nurtured.
Volunteers can provide assistance in the following ways:
- Legal research, writing, and administrative tasks (Pre-law and paralegal students ONLY).
- Assist the front desk receptionist by answering the phone, providing clients with basic information regarding our services, making copies, taking passport photos and processing mail.
- Light administrative work such as filing and making copies.
- Translate legal documents and statements from Spanish to English.
- Conduct community education presentations for schools, churches, and other organizations.
- Complete special projects as needed.
The following list highlights our most pressing needs:
Special Projects. Contact Katie Hudak, Development Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- None available at this time. If you have a specific project you would like to propose, feel free to contact us with the details.
- Spanish and English proficiency is required (except for in special circumstances for special projects).
- Background check clearance through the Diocese of El Paso.
- Attendance at the Diocese’s “Safe Environment Training” within 3 months of beginning service. This 3 hour training is typically held monthly on Friday afternoons.
- Availability during office hours- Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 4:30. Volunteer opportunities in the evenings and on weekends are rare.
*Volunteers with technical or other special skills are always needed, please contact us if you would like get involved!
If you are interested in volunteering with DMRS, please download and complete our Volunteer Application 1
Mail, fax, or e-mail completed applications to:
(915) 532-3975, ext. 1005
Este contenido también está disponible en Español