DMRS values the time, talents, and passions that volunteers contribute to achieving our mission. Volunteer involvement expands our capacity to meet the increasing demand for our services; it also brings new ideas, fresh perspectives, and a wealth of knowledge and skill that improve our organization and the services we provide. We are committed to creating a warm, safe, and inclusive environment where the unique gifts of volunteers are recognized and nurtured.
Volunteers can provide assistance in the following ways:
- Legal research, writing, and administrative tasks (Pre-law and paralegal students ONLY).
- Assist the front desk receptionist by answering the phone, providing clients with basic information regarding our services, making copies, taking passport photos and processing mail.
- Light administrative work such as filing and making copies.
- Translate legal documents and statements from Spanish to English.
- Conduct community education presentations for schools, churches, and other organizations.
- Complete special projects as needed.
The following list highlights our most pressing needs:
Special Projects. Contact Anna Hey, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
- None available at this time. If you have a specific project you would like to propose, feel free to contact us with the details.
- Spanish and English proficiency is required (except for in special circumstances for special projects).
- Background check clearance through the Diocese of El Paso.
- Attendance at the Diocese’s “Protecting God’s Children” within 3 months of beginning service.
- Availability during office hours- Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 4:30. Volunteer opportunities in the evenings and on weekends are rare.
*Volunteers with technical or other special skills are always needed, please contact us if you would like get involved! Please email email@example.com.
If you are interested in volunteering with DMRS, please download and complete our Volunteer Application 1
Mail, fax, or e-mail completed applications to:
Human Resources Assistant
(915) 532-3975, ext. 1010
Este contenido también está disponible en Español